Perfect Smile is a family-oriented practice not only driven by healthy, beautiful smiles, but also focused on overall wellness and promoting health. At Perfect Smile, you, your family and children are under the care of healthcare providers concerned with your comfort, safety and well-being. Perfect Smile provides services for the entire family from minimally-invasive and preventative child dentistry to simultaneous parent-child cleanings for optimal time management. Here at perfect Smile, we work together to give you the healthiest possible lives for our patients and their families.
Why we must maintain our child’s primary teeth?
Primary teeth are very important even if these teeth will change. Primary teeth guide permanent teeth to erupt so:
- Any inflammation in the primary teeth pulp or supporting structures may spread to the permanent teeth beneath it and affect its composition.
- Cavities in the primary teeth may spread to the permanent teeth as they arise in the mouth.
- Early loss of primary teeth due to early extraction may move the other teeth and may change normal spaces between the teeth, leading to problems in the permanent teeth alignment which may necessitate Orthodontics treatment in the future.
Children dental visit:
Many people believe that the child will not tolerate dental treatment but this is not true, children can be cooperative even more than adults if they are approached in a professional way and this would positively affect the quality of their teeth in the future.
- To provide adequate information to the mother about oral hygiene and the teeth of the child.
- To reveal any caries and treatment needed.
- Mother and child education using all means of cleaning and dental care.
- For protective fillings and fissure sealants.
- To put fluoride which protects teeth against decay
- To explain the diet control needed for the prevention of dental caries.
- For check-up every six months (the first visit should be in the first year of life) to educate mothers about the correct methods for dental hygiene and the correct food.